- 1 How to use the Hotmail Sign In services
- 2 The history of Hotmail
- 3 Simple steps on how to create Hotmail account
- 4 How to recover the Hotmail account
- 5 The simple procedure on how to login Hotmail
How to use the Hotmail Sign In services
Hotmail was formerly termed as the Window Live Hotmail. It is one of the well-known devices that Microsoft provides for free email services. Actually the name Hotmail does to still exist because in 2012. Microsoft did change its name to outlook. Com.
The history of Hotmail
Hotmail is the oldest free email service which was launched in the year 1996. It was then originally called the Hotmail and was founded by two people, Jack Smith, and Sabeer Bhatia. Hotmail sign in was then available to the users till the August 2012 when Microsoft renamed it to be Outlook.com. The older Hotmail version had features such as spam filters and virus detecting services. The use of hot mail was very simple since it only required simple sign in Hotmail procedures. Today the use of Hotmail is very popular, and many users are happy with the new features introduced. The future of Hotmail is to ensure that the customers get the best services possible. The service that is of much of interest is the security of the users.
The difference between Hotmail and Gmail
Both Gmail and Hotmail are free platforms that provide email services. They do have some differences though. The main difference is that they belong to different companies, Hotmail web belongs to Microsoft while Gmail is based on Google. Hotmail is highly secured compared to Gmail. Hotmail has a medium to scan users’ emails. Hotmail offers more connections than the Gmail. Commonly, the Hotmail connects to Twitter, Google, and others while Gmail supports only a few social media. In Hotmail, it is possible to mark a message as reading with one click, unlike the Gmail. Hotmail offers viewing and editing services, for the word documents and the Excel documents. Gmail has an integrated Google Wallet that enables sending of money. Gmail has a limited space of a maximum of 15GB while the Hotmail offers unlimited storage space. The Gmail accounts are very volatile, unlike the Hotmail accounts. When a user does not use the account for nine months in Gmail, it will be blocked. Hotmail login restrictions is quite fair, that is it only expires if not used for nine months.
Why Microsoft claims that Hotmail is no longer available
With the revolution of Microsoft, it has changed so many of its features. In the year 2012, some of the Microsoft services were banned some were integrated, and others were made independent. For the Hotmail service, Microsoft did plan to completely phase out the service, and make a replacement with the Windows Live Mail. Eventually it did really scrap out the Hotmail service. Instead, it introduced a new service, the Outlook. Com. This service has newer features that replaced the older features in Hotmail; some include the user interface that was upgraded. The rebrand made people get confused and thought that Hotmail was completely scrapped out. Hotmail sign in has not changed.
Simple steps on how to create Hotmail account
Hotmail sign up is a bit lengthy procedure to follow, the following are the stepwise procedures to follow;
- The initial thing to do is to launch the official website. The homepage that you need to use is the www.hotmail.com. Once you are on the homepage, you will be surprised to see the outlook page that opens. This should not puzzle you. Actually, Hotmail was rebranded to ouloook.com. In the page, commonly at the bottom, you will find an option that directs you to open an account. Once you click on the option, you will be directed to the sign-up page. The Hotmail sign up page does require some personal information to be provided.
- Once you are on the sign-up page, the initial input that is required is the first and the last names. The names that you provide will be visible to other people when you send them a mail.
- The next requirement is the username. In most cases, the username will add up to your email. Therefore when housing the username, you can even provide other accounts.
- Sign in Hotmail does require the password for security issues. This is an essential step to take. The choice of a password should be very careful and safe. The password will help to prevent cases of hackers and other internet misuses. The password that is required should be strong enough. The password should be long enough and should have alphabetical characters together with numeric to enhance security and the strength of the password.
- Other personal information’s that are required include the country of origin, date of birth and gender. This information is very important for privacy issues.
- Next requirement is the contact address. The contact address in most case is the phone number that the person is currently using. This is used as a protective measure as one will be notified whenever another user tries to log in with a different gadget. The phone number provided should begin with the specific country code.
- This step requires the person to verify that they are actually human. The characters for verification can be numbers or alphabetical characters. Alternatively, to write the characters, you may choose to listen to the words. If the words are hard, there is an option of requesting for a new character.
- This is an optional requirement; you may choose to tick or like the promotional box. Once you decide to subscribe to the promotional services you have an option to opt out anytime you want.
- The final thing to do is to click the Create button that is found at the bottom of the fully filled information. If the information that you provided is invalid or incomplete, you will be redirected to correct the information. When all information is correct, your account will be automatically created and by creating it means you have accepted all terms and conditions.
How to recover the Hotmail account
Your Hotmail account may expire if not used for a long time. You may also forget the password to your account, and you want it recovered. Recovery is very simple; it involves providing the correct information that you provided when creating the account. Recovery also needs the provision of the correct security answers to the security questions that you provided when signing up.
The recovery steps are very simple; it involves the following simple steps;
- The initial step is to visit the Hotmail homepage website that is you go to www.hotmail.com.
- In the homepage, you will find the option of recovery at the bottom of the login button. What you have to do is to click in that “can’t access your account” box.
- The next thing that you will see after clicking the button is the option of “I forgot my password’. Actually, there are many options provided, but you must choose the one that you are interested in.
- The reset popup comes up immediately you click the button above. ‘Reset your password” button will then be ticked.
- Before the last step, verification is necessary. The Captcha box is the next thing to fill. The correct characters must be filled. If the captcha is hard, you have an option of requesting for new characters. Once you have given the correct captcha, then next is to click the “next” button.
- For one to receive a new password, one should provide an email address alternative to the one used during sign up. The email address will then enable you to successfully reset your password.
- With all the correct information provided, you need to click the “submit” button. A pop-up message will notify you that your recovery link has been sent to your email. The next thing that you need to do is to login into your email to receive the recovery link.
- The recovery link provided in the email will direct you to Hotmail sign in the platform. Here you will be asked to provide a new password and confirm it. The password is the created, and you can use to sign into your account.
The simple procedure on how to login Hotmail
To login into Hotmail is very simple. It only requires correct details. The following is a simple procedure to log in;
- You need to launch official website of Hotmail login. Although the page was changed to outlook, the old details are still valid to be used when logging in. Log in Hotmail s very simple and to the point, unlike the other platforms that become hectic when logging in. The simplicity makes the Hotmail to be loved by many since no one wants the hustle of logging in.
- Sign in Hotmail is very simple, you will be required to fill in your email address, then followed by a valid password. If you have forgotten the password, then you need to recover it. When using personal computers, you will be asked whether you want to computer to remember your password. It is important to tick the option since it will help you when logging in.
There is another option that is provided by the Hotmail, to be used when logging in. This is an option of simply signing in with a single code. The limitation of using the code is that it is only provided once.
The importance of using Hotmail sign in
There are so many reasons why you may want to use Hotmail exclusively to send and receive emails. The features that Hotmail provides are very helpful to the users. The following are some of the attractive reasons for the users;
- Hotmail services are free. As the users do access free services to first create the Hotmail account. When recovering the account too, it is totally free. Additionally, sending and receiving of a message is totally free. Hotmail sign in is totally free to all users all over the world. It is also available to everyone in the globe and it guarantees the best services that one else has been able to provide.
- The ease with which the messages can be sent is very attractive. The Hotmail do provide a platform that enables the composing of messages and also for replying to the messages. The messages received are also visible and easily accessible.
- It is very reliable. One can receive instant messages. Other powerful services offered are the SkyDrive, and the Xbox live. Sign in Hotmail, and you will not regret at all. You will be able to get the new technology services that no other platform can offer.
- Hotmail is very secure, and it thus provides assurance to the users that their messages and accounts are safe. They do have security measures that can detect scams, and thus warn the user.
- It is able to connect to social media services, such as Twitter and LinkedIn. It makes the use of Hotmail enjoyable to the user that is it is user-friendly.
- The users can also use the video calls and chat in Skype with the enabled features of Hotmail. The features make the Hotmail platform to be user-friendly. With the Skype provided by the Hotmail, one can communicate with friends and families who are far away from them. The video calls also ease communication between the users. The features above are free and are only associated with small charges. Indeed Hotmail has become a revolutionary platform. The Hotmail sign in is thus increasing due to this attractive features. Many users are now opting for the best option of Hotmail service.
- The speed with which Hotmail sends and receives messages is very good. It does not have any delays of any kind. You are always assured of receiving instant messages, and you are also sure of sending the message with high speed. You need to sign in Hotmail to enjoy the services.